So the question was asked and the answer was yes! Now the planning stage begins…
Choosing a wedding venue is one of the most important decisions you need to make for your wedding day. But it can also be one of the most difficult.
Your location can determine the number of guests, what other vendors you choose (you may need a photographer local to your venue), and how special you feel your day really was when you think back years from now.
We hope to help make the decision process slightly easier for you.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing your location. Print out a few copies of this blog post and bring it with you when visiting wedding venues to take notes.
1) Physical location
– Will this location fit the theme of your wedding? You may have trouble pulling of a country wedding at a venue with a modern design. (although, it can be done)
– Will the people most important to you be able to travel to the location?
– Can this location accommodate the number of guests you plan to have?
– Check out the views. If all of your pictures have a parking lot or a construction site in the background, this may be an issue.
– Is this a place you can revisit and relive your special day with your significant other in the future?
2) The owners or staff at the location – Do you feel that they really care about making your day as special as possible, or are you “just another wedding” that weekend?
3) Are there other events taking place on the property during your special day?
4) When you visit the property, how do you feel? Most couples, brides in particular, say they “felt” that this was the right place.
Be sure to choose a wedding venue that meets your expectations. You only have one chance to create the wedding day of your dreams!